Monday, February 24, 2020

Design Wall Monday

To see what other quilters are up to go to

On my wall are more 

I have a stack of 50 scrappy, random colored blocks. I need 118 more to make a quilt the size I like to make. 
I also have fourteen blocks in pinks, reds and oranges.
I have started cutting into my bigger scraps which I have stored by color. I grab a stack of one color and cut. Then I grab some more. Then a stack of another color. I got to thinking that I might like a more color controlled quilt. I'm thinking I can blend these from pink to red to orange. I need to cut more fabric!

I also am considering what to do with the Block magazines that I am accumulating. I have 30 of them.
Most, if not all, of these quilts are also YouTube videos under Missouri Star Quilt Company. I am subscribed to that so I get emails when a new video is posted. I really don't think I need to continue my subscription as fabric requirements are listed in the videos. I'm still debating whether or not to keep these. I know I can share them with my quilt group if I decide I no longer want them.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Aw the old should I keep a subscription or let it go. Currently I have no quilt mag subscriptions but I've been thinking of taking Block for a year to see if I like it. I like your stash buster challenge quilt. I made two blocks with that pattern but didn't like the results. Probably operator error -- wrong fabric choices! I like our ideas on the red/pink/orange blocks.

Denise said...

I love the red, orange and pink layout. I have no subscriptions but know the indecision on what to do with magazines. After moving several stacks here and there I bit the bullet and went through each magazine. Found the reason I kept them to begin with and ripped those pages out and placed into a folder. Tossed the rest. I felt like I had accomplished something. Not long after though the ripped pages went in the trash because I knew they would sit untouched. Good luck on what ever you decide.

AnnieO said...

Great scrappy blocks and certainly colorful. I like to mix my colors but have seen some very pretty colorwash or rainbow order quilts too.

I have sooo many magazines and have been thinning them lately, as many patterns are free online on their websites. Mine are going to the thrift store...

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I have collected magazines and books for over forty years - but recently I started letting ALL of my subscriptions expire. There is so much online for FREE - I don't need them anymore. The question now is "What do I do with the old ones?" If/when anyone comes up with a good way to deal with them all - please let me know - ;))