Monday, June 6, 2022

Flowers and cat and a quilt

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I'll show the quilt first in case anyone is not interested in the flowers or the cat.

This quilt is done. 


This print is used in the front but is on a smaller scale. I found it just as I was finishing up the piecing. I love it!
The quilting design is an edge-2-edge design called Power Daisy by Linda V. Taylor. The quilting was done using Connecting Threads Essential in color Coral Reef. (This is a little bit funny to me because I made a Coral Reef quilt! It isn't quilted yet, though.)

Now on to the flowers. I really enjoy walking around my yard and seeing all the flowers. The weeds, not so much. 

Allium
Clematis

Yellow Iris. There were purple ones, too, but I can't find the pics I took.
I have common lilacs.
And, Miss Kim lilacs that bloom a week or two after the common lilacs.
I have dark pink and white peonies. 
Unfortunately, the wind destroyed these in a matter of days.
I love the bright orange poppies, but again, the wind destroyed them quickly.
This rose turns more yellow with pink edges as it opens.

Yellow roses are new this year.
Spiderwort grows wild in the ditches around here. 


They look great with this peony.
Sweet William buds.

This Weigela bush was beautiful this year.

I am working really hard on cleaning up my beds this year. Now that I am retired I have more time, but my body isn't happy about it. I usually spend a few hours in the morning pulling weeds while the temperature is still somewhat cool.

I'm working on a path from the driveway to the front steps. That has involved lots of weeding, digging, and placing bricks and mulch. I'm tired. And, I'm not done yet. I will be making a path that goes off to the left as you can see in the photo above. I know I won't get everything on my list done this year, but I will keep working on it.

Now, for the cat.







Memorial Day weekend will never be the same for my family. Five years ago my brother was killed when he was struck by a car while riding his motorcycle home from work. Every year since a blood drive has been held in his memory.
It won't bring him back, but maybe this one small thing will help someone else.

Stay safe and well.
Happy quilting.

2 comments:

loulee said...

Pretty flowers, lovely cat, some of those poses!
And your quilt is stunning. OMG!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your quilt is BEAUTIFUL! And your flowers are lovely! You already know that I adore Hoppy - he is such a character - ;))