Monday, June 20, 2022

A new week...

 ... a new project.

To see what other quilters are working on go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I am still working on finishing up UFOs. This past week I started putting together this Cat quilt.
It is a pattern from Missouri Star Quilt Co. called Pins and Paws. If you search for it you will find videos and patterns. 

My quilt friends and I made a trip to Boline's on Friday so I quickly sewed the top four rows together so I could look for a border fabric.
I found two that I think will work. I had seen the floral one on the left last time and really liked it, but I didn't get it. Since it was still there I decided I needed it, even if I don't use it in this quilt. There is a light batik with some very light yellow splotches as an inner border. I feel like the background of the floral print is too yellow so I am leaning more towards the print on top. I can't decide if I should leave the green stripe on or not. One of my friends thought I should, another thought it looked too busy. I couldn't decide what color to use for binding so I got three different fabrics. I didn't do a very good job getting them in the photo. The one on the left is the same color green as the stripe in the top border fabric. The middle is purple and the right is a brighter green. Any of them would go with either border print. Decisions, decisions. 

I am still digging out daylilies, but got the rest of the path down.
It's just been too hot and dry for the hard work of digging.

I had planted three different Brunnera plants, each a different variety.
 I noticed there were leaves laying on the ground, cut off the plant. 
This poor plant has ONE leaf left. The culprit...
...you know it was a rabbit. I have seen several of these small ones around the yard lately. So now I have to cover most of my new plants. 
I am not crazy about the look of the cages, but they do protect the plants. The chicken wire ones came for Gardner's Supply. They have these long ones that can be connected and also dome-shaped ones that have extenders to make them taller. Husband made some round ones that are really tall out of woven wire fence and fence stakes.

This week the Asiatic lily is blooming along with some roses and Monarda. 




Stay safe and well.
Happy quilting!

2 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

I quilted a Pins & Paws quilt for a client recently! Such a cute pattern, and I love the border options you’re considering!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Decisions, decisions! I like the floral print on the left with the stripe - but it's your quilt - use the one that YOU like - ;))