Thursday, January 28, 2021

Good things

 are happening.

I have the bottom and middle sections pieced for A Sparkling Sampler.

I have two quadrants pieced for Crimson Poppy, two more to go.

I have thirteen hats ready to donate.

A quilt, Windmills, got loaded on the machine. It is about half quilted. 


All this happened last week before I went to Son's house on Sunday. His new stove was scheduled to be delivered mid-day on Monday. I had planned to go early Monday morning but the weather forecast for my area didn't look good for Sunday night into Monday morning. So I made the decision to go Sunday and spend the night. That went well; my parent came over that day to bring Son some kitchen items since he was left with very little when GF moved out. That's ok, most of it was hers anyway. It was nice to see my parents although my dad didn't recognize me. I wore my mask and my hair looks different from the last time he saw me. As they were leaving, after he was safely in their car, I removed my mask. Then he recognized me! The next morning we woke up to this. Ice on everything.

I was worried the stove delivery wouldn't happen, but the ice was melting and the roads were much better by late morning. The delivery crew were quick, efficient, cleaned up and removed the packing materials, and WORE MASKS

He is one happy camper! 

The weather was not good at home and Son wanted me to stay to help him figure out the new appliance so I spent another night. Pork loin and rice for supper - all cooked by him. 

I don't think the dog minded either. 

We found him 'guarding' my pillows and quilt frequently.

I got a text with a pic of supper last night - salmon, rice, and cooked carrots. He is enjoying cooking. He was very concerned about what his life would be like without GF, but it is never good to stay in a relationship that is not working. He knew his decision would be life-changing, and it was, but he has a good support system and is in a good place.

Last night there was a lovely sunset.


I have trouble getting good photos. The color is never right.

This photo was taken a few minutes later.

The moon was beautiful this morning.


Same shot, different filter. The bottom one is more true to color. And now the sun is shining, which is nice, but it is very cold.

We had to make several trips out to get supplies/groceries. About half the people we saw were not wearing masks. That makes me sad. 

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Great progress on your projects! I'm glad that your Son is doing well - and I agree about those who don't wear masks - it's not hard - just do it - ;))