Tuesday, January 5, 2021

First Design Wall Monday of 2021

 To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I am trying something new - stand up sewing.
I have been thinking about this for a while. I am spending way too much time sitting. I am fortunate enough to have more than one sewing machine and a husband who appreciates that I enjoy my hobby so much. This machine is the one I take to sew days and retreats. Since we haven't been able to have those for almost a year now this machine was not getting used. I set it up at the end of my big ironing board. The iron is to my right and a cutting space is just behind me.

I have started some new projects - like I need new projects, but these are one block a week or one a month.

The challenge is to make one (or more) blocks a week. I am using solid white for the background and a mix of teal/turquoise/aqua blues from my stash.

This challenge is to use a different color, from stash each month. This month the color is pink. I am making butterfly blocks. I plan to make one a month and see if any more will be needed at the end. 

I will continue to work on Crimson Poppy on my other machine. It is set up in the corner of the living room. 
I rearranged it a little so I can see the TV easier. I have cutting and ironing areas just to the right. I could sit there ALL day. And, I do sit there for several hours which is why I decided I needed a standing option as well.

Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Stand up sewing sounds interesting - but I'd rather sit - haha. Be sure to let us know how you like it - ;))