Monday, December 28, 2020

Last Design Wall Monday of 2020

 To see what other quilters are up to go to 

Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.


I missed getting to see the Christmas Star on the 21st because of cloud cover, but the 22nd was a clear night.


I spent Christmas day making cookies - chocolate chip and sugar cookie cut-outs. 

These get eaten as fast as I make them as you can see from the bite taken from the one tree. 

I am making progress on Crimson Poppy.

I need to get this finished because of this. 
Coral Reef by Quiltworx.

The fabric and specific cutting instructions for this colorway kit have arrived. The pattern with the foundation papers isn't available for sale yet, but I want to be ready when it is.

I added a block to Grandmother's Flower Garden.
Then I decided to spend some time cleaning up the piles in my sewing room. I had made a storage roll for my knitting needles a few years ago. I was storing crochet hooks in there also and it just got too full. So I decided to make a separate roll for the crochet hooks. 
When rolled up they are a neat bundle.
Each size has it's own slot. So easy to find the size needle or hook needed.
The flap folds over the needles and hooks to keep them securely in the roll when closed.

In my button stash, I found a cute bee button to use for the closure for the crochet roll.


Stay safe and well.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

WOW - what a pretty star in a beautiful night sky!! Your cookies look YUMMY - no wonder there's a bite out of s tree - LOL. Your Crimson Poppy is coming along nicely - and the next one is even prettier. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on both of them. Your needle wraps are nice - you are MUCH more organized than I am - my knitting needles are just stuck "point" down in a large glass jar - LOL - ;))