Monday, November 9, 2020

Monday Again

 Although lately I really have to think about it. The days seem to just melt into each other.

To see what other quilters are doing go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I have been spending TV time basting diamonds and hexies for Grandmother's Flower Garden. When I get tired of basting I sew a few on. 

Disappearing Double Nine Patch is quilted

bound 
(I was wearing a bright pink T-shirt that the backing look pink!
It is a white-on-ivory print.)

and finished.

I loaded another small quilt on the frame.

The weather has been windy, but unseasonable warm here. Husband and I spent two-afternoons baling corn husks/stalks that will be used as bedding this winter. 




Today I took a little trip to see Son. The plan had been that he would hunt in the morning, I would arrive around 11:ish, unload the car, have food and drinks delivered and we could all have a socially distanced driveway lunch. Over the weekend I loaded the car.

There are two bales of hay to stack against the outside of his house where the kitchen water pipes run against an outside wall on the inside to prevent them from freezing, two crates of miscellaneous items I need out of my house that he may want (he knows if anything I bring him isn't wanted or needed he is free to pass it on or dispose of in any way he sees fit). Many years ago someone gave me a big roll of canvas type fabric and some upholstery samples. I sewed the canvas into a teepee-like tent and sewed the samples into a ground covering. Son and I did spend one-night 'camping' in the tent. After that, there were no more overnights but he did play in it a lot. One of his buddies likes to attend Rendevous/Civil War camping events. Son had told him about the teepee I made and they are wondering if it will be useful. I loaded that up along with the very long poles used to keep it upright.

But, the plans changed. Yesterday Son called to say GF wasn't feeling well, thought it was probably just seasonal allergies but was going to get tested for Covid. He decided not to go hunting.
OK. I will come a little earlier, unload the car and go home. I felt the less contact the better. So that is what I did. She stayed in the house the whole time I was there. I stayed outside and visited - distanced - with Son then headed for home. Halfway home he called to let me know GF received her result - positive. Yikes. Son said that they were told that since he didn't show any symptoms and had been staying outside as much as possible that he may be safe, but they all (Son, GF and GF's sister) all needed to wear masks all the time, sanitize and distance from each other as much as possible. They felt I was probably not at risk since we had been distanced outside and I didn't touch anything while there. I'm so tired of all of this, so worried about people I love, and even people I don't even know. I know everyone is as tired as I am, but I wish we could all be considerate for all and wear a mask, distance, sanitize. 

Please be safe.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I'm so sorry to hear GF tested positive - and I'm tired of it all, too - you are not alone. I agree - we all need to wear masks - distance - and sanitize - and try to stay safe. Your quilt looks wonderful - and the teepee sounds like fun - ;))