Monday, November 23, 2020

Design Wall Monday

 To see what other quilters have on their design walls go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I have not cut the fabric for the backing of this quilt yet.

I made an error in cutting some fabric for the Crimson Poppy quilt. 
I placed an order as soon as I realized I did it. After more than a week of no shipping notice, decided to order from another online shop. The orders arrived a day apart. I'm not sure why the one shop takes so long to ship, but there is a disclaimer in bold and highlighted at the top of their web page that says due to Covid, fulfilling orders is taking longer. I had noticed this the last two times I placed orders with them. It takes FOREVER. The other shop shipped quickly and the shipping was free for that day. I did order other things from both shops, so it's all ok.
I only needed less than 1/2 yard of this fabric, but could only order a minimum of 1 yard at each shop. It's my least favorite of all the fabrics in this kit and now I have much more than I need, but at least I have enough. It will get used in something else at some point.

I haven't cut that yet, either.

I preferred to spend my time making Churn Dash blocks. 

I got 16 more pieced. And, of course, I had another Oops.
I don't know why I keep doing this. 

I decided to make three 12" blocks.


Now I only need two more 6" blocks. They are cut and will get pieced today.

I finished fusing snow globes for the cards I am making.
 

 

 
 
  
 
 

 
They all got stamped over the weekend. I think they are really cute!
I will write a little note in each one and get them in the mail after Thanksgiving. 

I do have another project I will be working on.
This looks like a mess now, but I am hoping it turns out the way I see it in my head. If it does I know the person I am giving it to will love it.

This weekend Husband and I stocked up really well. I don't care if I leave the house again for a month, or longer. I just am not comfortable going anywhere or seeing anyone. I do miss my quilt/sewing days with my friends, though.

Stay safe and well.

3 comments:

Dolly said...

Sorry, but I love your OOPSY block ! On point, I think that that would make a great scrap quilt ! Maybe have a sash and cornerstone so that the odd triangle makes a shoofly or something.
Thanks for sharing !

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your Churn Dash blocks - especially your "oopsie" - LOL. Your extra fabric might make a good "One Block Wonder" - you only need four repeats for the "4-patch" version - so that might work. I agree with you about not wanting to go anywhere - for the now - the safest place seems to be inside my four walls. I hope you and your family have a VERY Happy Thanksgiving!! - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

P.S. I forgot to mention that your cards are so CUTE!! - VERY clever!! - ;))