Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Around My Yard

Husband suggested that the Sunflower Jungle maybe should go.
So I cut down the sunflowers that were around the door area. I loaded them into a big old garbage can with wheels to haul them over to the brush pile by the tool shed. It is on the other side of the property. This one sunflower bopped me in the head all the way there!
On the way back to the house I spotted these growing so nicely together.
Wouldn't it be nice if people could get along so well?

I left a lot of the sunflowers, see?

These go the whole length of the garage. 
I think sunflowers might be my favorite flower. 

They make me smile.

Then I noticed this odd thing.
This is a rose flower that never fully opened with a stem, leaves and a bud growing from the center of it. I have never seen anything like this.
When it flowers normally it looks like this.
There is another rose, a darker pink one, about to open.
The corn leaves are starting to brown and the ears are just barely starting to fall.
The beans are starting to yellow.
The neighbor's beans are still green. I did see some beans today that are even more yellow than ours. This is sure sign of fall around here. I'm not ready. I don't mind fall, we have cooler temps forecasted for next week, but I know what is to follow and I don't like that at all.

Stay safe and well. 


PS: I am still getting used to this new version of Blogger. As I edited this post some things changed - spacing, text and picture alignment - and I couldn't get it to look the way I wanted. I figure it isn't all that important and I have better things to do! 

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Nice sunflowers!! I've never seen a flower do that either - how strange!

This weekend is Labor Day already - and the rest of the year will go by so fast I dare not blink. They say you can tell it's September when you see Christmas decorations in the stores - LOL - ;))

Every time Blogger loads as the new version - I find the button to "revert back to the legacy version". I don't look forward to the day that it isn't an option - I tried it already - didn't like it - ;))