Monday, September 14, 2020

Monday

To see what other quilters are up to on this Design Wall Monday go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I have several things in the works. I hope to finish at least one of them this week. The quilt in the front needs quilted. The other quilt needs bound. the blocks need to be sewn into a top.

I recently made some table toppers. 

The pattern is Anything Goes.

The Batik/Paisley version is Large - 23 inches. 
I made this one first and followed 
the directions exactly as written. 
I was wondering if it could be made reversible - with the outside points in coordinating fabrics. 


Turns out it can be, with a couple minor alterations.
The Sunflower/Patriotic version is Medium - 17 1/2 inches. These photos were taken with the toppers on my portable dishwasher. I don't have a table to top (it is covered with Husband's paperwork which I am fine with BTW). These will be gifts. 

I finished this quilt top.
 



It is from a Love of Quilting magazine. I was gifted a subscription by my good quilt friend. I was so looking forward to showing this quilt to her thinking she would like to know that I was enjoying the magazine and making good use of it. Sadly, she passed away a week ago today during surgery. I - my whole quilt group - will miss her terribly.

Around the yard:
The beans are getting close.
These will be ready to harvest soon. These were planted first. This variety matures earlier.
The ones across the road will be harvested last. This variety matures later. 

Last week I noticed this flower with a double bud.
Today it looks like this.
Remember this weird rose?
Today it looks like this.

My Covid friend continues to improve. Some of his children have been with him and taken him to doctor appointments. He is working hard to regain his strength.

Stay safe and well.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your quilts and blocks - you've been busy!! I'm so sorry to hear about your quilting friend - but glad your Covid friend is doing better. Your double bud is interesting - so is your weird flower - ;))

Dolly said...

I really like that quilt that you finished, so graphic. I had a most wonderful friend who kept me in quilt magazine subscriptions. She, too, has passed away, but a year and a half ago. I ran across a quilt top that she had gifted me years ago, and I quilted it for my own bed this year. Such a wonderful reminder of her sweet spirit......the magazines are STILL coming !