Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Design Wall

I hope everyone had a nice 4th.
I spent 2 days with family and got to see some people I haven't seen in a while.

To see what other quilters are working on go to Judy's page.

Here is what I am working on...


This is Hawaiian Star on the frame.


I started using a dark blue on the back to match the fabric with a variegated on the front to pick up the colors on the front. The dark blue thread was showing up on the top and I couldn't not get the tension adjusted so that didn't happen. Also, I didn't like the look of the variegated thread. So took it all out. It takes much long to remove as it does to stitch! I am using a silver gray on the front and back. I like it much better.


I am working on a t-shirt quilt. Here is the layout I decided on. I do have another shirt to cut up to fill in that space at the bottom left.


This quilt is off the frame and I am stitching down the binding. I used  Moda Snowman Gatherings and Snowman Gatherings ll charm packs and some yardage from that line.


I pieced the fabric that was left from the front to make the backing. I did have to add some other blues and tans that I had. My family does not like the back. I was pretty happy with it because I felt like I was using what I had instead of buying more.


I just happened to go into my kitchen, which faces the west, Saturday evening and saw this. You can't see the lightening bugs flashing, but that added to the beauty of this sunset.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilts and I like the back!!
Jan in Oz