Monday, June 27, 2016

Design Wall Monday

See what other quilters are doing at Judy's page.

On my wall...


Working on Barn Trail. Sometimes I don't like how it is coming together so I put it away for a while. I still need to add the fence which will have quilts hanging on it, leaves on the tree and pumpkins on the ground. I plan on giving this to my brother and his wife. 


Blocks 28, 29 and 30 of the Civil War Sampler (on the left) and Scrappity-Do-Dah on the right.
I am making SDD for a chair cover quilt for my husband's chair.

 For SDD squares are cut at 6 1/2 inches, cut into HST and a 1 1/2 inch strip is sewn in the middle. Then, the directions say to trim the block to 5 inches. I am able to trim mine to 5 1/2 inches. It seemed like a lot of waste trimming that much. The quilt will end up be bigger which is fine with me. I planned to make it bigger than the pattern anyway and now I won't have to cut as many squares and strips.

 Blocks 31, 32, 33 and 34 of the Civil War Sampler. I am behind the rest of my group so I spent an afternoon choosing and cutting the fabric for the remaining blocks. Most of these go together pretty quickly. It is nice to be able to grab the next pile of cut pieces and start sewing when I have a few minutes.

No comments: