Thursday, June 9, 2016

Quilty Road Trip!

My Quilter's Exchange group enjoys taking road trips. From ther

Yesterday we traveled to Kathy's Needle & I
Rantoul, IL


From there we went to Main Street Quilt Co. in Shelbyville, IL

And, then from there we went to the Fabric Cobbler in Forsythe, IL

Here are my purchases...

Tea Towel, from Needle & I. Wool pieces from Main Street Quilt Co.
 I will add applique to this tea towel. I love the color!
I plan to do a wool applique project with the wool pieces - a snowman, perhaps.

From Needle & I
I have some cute farmer fabric that I think will work with the piece on the left.
I am working on a wall hanging project that has quilts hanging on a fence. I think this quilt block print will work for that.


These pieces (above and below) will get used in the Civil War Sampler and the 365 Challenge.
The triangle folded fat quarters are from Main Street Quilt Co. The flat folded fat quarters are from Needle & I.



I didn't make a purchase at Fabric Cobbler, but me friends did. She has a LOT of fabric in her store. We discovered that 70% of her business is internet sales.

All the stores had lovely fabric, nice collections and wonderful staff who were more than willing to help us find what we needed and match fabrics for those who asked for help with that.

Almost as fun as the stash enhancement is deciding where to eat. We all enjoy good food and that is one of the first things we discuss after getting into the car. We decided on Farmhouse Family Restaurant . We had the buffet. There was a nice salad bar and good selection of entrees and sides.

We had beautiful weather and a fun day.

No comments: