Monday, July 11, 2016

Getting Ready for the Fair

I have been working on my fair projects...


6 inch quilt blocks - the block on the left is part of the 365 Challenge. The block on the right is from Quilter's Cache.


12 inch quilt block - this, along with some other wonderful paper pieced blocks, can be found at Wombat Quilts.


12 inch quilt block - I still need to add the red berries. This block can be found in Quiltmaker magazine. It is a series that begins with the Jan/Feb 03 issue and continues through Nov/Dec. I did look and it seems that only past issues to July/Aug 2008 are available.


12 inch quilt block - removing the paper. It's a messy job!


Christmas decoration- tiny knitted mittens. I am working on another pair that may get entered instead of these. These are so cute! I like to use them as tie-ons on gift packages. The pattern is free on Ravelry.


Knitted item - scarf. I love this soft ombre yarn. I cannot locate the pattern right now.


Recycled Denim pillow - I made this up as I went along. The red plaid triangles are folded squares to give some dimension. My son has laid claim to this pillow. He says it will work great to put his cell phone in the pocket as it charges at night. That way he won't lose it, he says.


Snowman Blues quilt - I have added eyes to the snowman and finished the binding.


This is the Hawaiian Star top - I am still quilting it. On Judy Niemeyer's Quiltworks website this is also call Prairie Star. It is shown in many different colorways - each as beautiful as the next. Mine was a kit. I love the bright batik fabrics.

To see what other quilters have on their design walls go to Judy's blog.

1 comment:

Charlene S said...

Nice blocks and great finished projects.