Monday, March 21, 2016

Spring Break

My Spring Break started today, or Friday at the end of the school, I suppose would be more accurate.
I have all kinds of plans, mostly quilty plans, but plans.
Saturday afternoon my left eye started to bother me. Then on Sunday my right eye started to bother me. Today, yuck, is all I will say. Pink eye has been going through the classrooms the last month or so. I sanitize well and wash my hands a lot, all day long. I have worked with young children for 16 years and have never had pink eye. I really feel like what I have is not pink eye, or at least not just pink eye. I also have symptoms of a pretty good sinus infection. I have an appointment this afternoon so hope to know more soon.

So, my plan... I spent most of yesterday sleeping because I had a horrible headache... again. And, my eyes just didn't want to focus and I was so tired. So not as much quilting going on as I had hoped.

I need to get this off my frame. I am quilting this for one of my quilt member friends. She pieced it from items belonging to the grandmother of one of her friends. It will be a picnic quilt so she requested dense quilting as it will likely be washed a lot and there are 3 young boys in the family.








The pieces are from lots of different things that hold special memories for this family - knits and rayon from clothing, dish towels, and some fabrics that I think may have been curtains. My friend fused interfacing to each piece, but the rayon (the tribal looking print) is still not behaving well. The kitchen towels are thick and I broke a needle when the stitching crossed right over a seam. Some of the other fabrics are really stiff. I am getting bubbling and a few tiny puckers. I am trying to ignore them since I can see in some of the seams that my friend got some tiny puckers when piecing. And, she keeps reminding me that it is a picnic quilt.

I pieced a few more blocks for the 365 Challenge. I am up to February 2. Getting further and further behind. I have been printing the instructions each day. And, I do have about 2 weeks worth of blocks cut waiting to be pieced.


After looking at this Blooming Star bed runner I am making for my mom I realized that the 2 pink stars are not put together correctly. I am taking them apart... grrr.




Since my Quilter's Exchange group meets this coming Saturday I thought I maybe better start thinking about getting my block made for that.


The top block was made by Jo, the person who chose these fabrics. The bottom block was made by the first person in the rotation. I am next on the list. Her fabrics are coffee-themed. I love the turquoise in the mix.

I also need to make the next 3 blocks for the Civil War Sampler.

See, I have plans. I don't have time to be sick.

1 comment:

JoanG said...

Love all the pieces you are working on. The variety is amazing. One comment on your disease symptoms, if it is what has been going around in my family be prepared for antibiotics and two weeks worth of sleeping and not doing much else. I hope it doesn't turn out to be that. Good luck.