Friday, March 25, 2016

Spring Break Days 4 & 5

Yesterday, day 4 of my Spring Break, was spent quilting some more in this....

I know it looks wrinkly on this end, but it will be smoothed out before more quilting happens.

Also, finished the next block for the 365 Challenge...

 These blocks are tiny - 3 inches.

Prepped the squares for the next block. I hope to get this one pieced today.

In Kindergarten at the school where I work we learn a new letter each week. We learn how to write the capital and lower case letter, the sound it makes and we talk about works that have that sound in them. As part of my job duties I have each class for 20 minutes two times a day for a restroom break. During that time the students are getting a turn in the restroom and at the water fountain. While the rest are waiting I review concepts learned in the classroom related to phonics and math during the morning break. During the afternoon break I read. Next week we will learn letter Qq. Being a quilter in my alternate life I will be reading some children's quilt books - I have these ...

Mooshka, A Quilt Story by Julie Paschkis

Handkerchief Quilt by Carol Crane (Author), Gary Palmer (Illustrator)

And I have ordered these...

The Quiltmaker's Gift by Jeff Brumbeau (Author), Gail de Marcken (Illustrator)

 
The last two I ordered on Monday from an on-line book store in Indiana. Yesterday when I tracked my package the USPS I saw that the package had left Mishawaka, IN to Hazelwood, MO. I life in Illinois. Not sure why the package had to travel across the whole state of Illinois only to have to come half way back to be delivered. 
 
Anyway, I got the bright idea, during one of my recent sleepless nights, that I should have the students make their own little 9-patch blocks.
 
So I cut 700 2 inch squares for them to choose from to glue onto a piece of paper. My scrap drawer went from this...
 








 ... to this.
I am pretty happy about that. They like art/craft projects. Should be fun!


No comments: