Monday, August 3, 2015

Design Wall Monday

To see what others are working on go to Judy's blog here...

Here is what I have had on my wall over the last few days.

My Quilters Exchange group met last Saturday to exchange our bags.
These are all the blocks made so far for this lucky quilter. The block I contributed is the top left.



Some of us also exchanged Civil War reproduction type fabrics and began a new project. We will each be making our own blocks for our own quilts with the fabric we exchanged plus any other fabrics we want to add. We are using this book...















There are 50 blocks in this book.

We are to make the 1st 3 blocks in the book to show at the next meeting.

Here are mine.


And, as you can see, I have decided to square up this piece. It measures 22 1/4" unfinished.
This picture is not a good picture. It is so much prettier in person.

Now I can't decide if I want to make it into a table topper or a pillow. My husband and son both say pillow.

I know that I will not be quilting it. It is too thick to quilt by hand and I really don't want to do it by machine.

So I am thinking a pillow it is. Now to decide what to use for the back... black or a print?
I was thinking of solid black piping.






2 comments:

Cathy said...

I love that star! It will be a gorgeous pillow. And so many fun monthly projects! You seem to keep quite busy.

Angie said...

When I saw your Star link on Judy's blog, I had to come see yours. It's wonderful! I had a lot of fun with this paper piecing project myself. I turned mine into a wall hanging. Here is a link to my Star.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-mYqCL8JsUl4/S9UOToj9jCI/AAAAAAAAO8k/17JVmacSAbo/s640-Ic42/P1050443.JPG