Monday, August 10, 2015

Design Wall Monday

To see what others are working on go to Judy's blog here.

On my wall is this...

The pattern is the small version of Cindy Lou Who from another BiTE OF SCHNiBBLES 23 quilts from 5" or 10" squares by Carrie Nelson.

I am using Honey Sweet by Moda charms packs with a Bella solid charm pack. This will be about 35 inches when finished. I may add another or a wider border to make it a little bigger for a baby quilt.

I don't normally buy charm packs, but I loved this one.

We have fog this morning where I live. I took a walk around my yard this morning. Nature has been busy here.
I think this is some variety of Hibiscus, but the leaves look different. It was planted last year and I didn't think it survived the winter. I have been watching it for weeks. It had had flower buds on it for a while. Well, today one of the buds opened. This flower is HUGE and I love the color.


The foggy dew makes the spider web really show up.


My husband allows the milkweeds to grow as long as I don't let them go to seed. There are 2 Monarch caterpillars on these. There are more caterpillars, they just can't bee seen in this photo. There are also eggs on the undersides of some of the leaves.


More spider webs...


The white areas in the yard are more spiderwebs.

No comments: