Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Continuing On...

I have started piecing the rows of this quilt


I had had an idea for it. You know, those ideas you get in the middle of the night when you can't sleep. I spent about an hour and a half the next day trying to draw it out, but I couldn't make it work. I should know better. Those middle of the night ideas don't usually work out for me. So, this is what I am going with. This is almost half of the quilt. I was running out of pins to pin the blocks to the design wall and I was running out of room on the design wall so I started sewing rows. The top two rows are sewn together. The third row is sewn but not attached to the top two yet. I haven't thought of a name for this quilt yet. The pattern in the book is called Jennifer. I know it has other names. The charm packs I am using are named Snowman Gatherings and Snowman Gatherings ll. Some of the fabrics have snowmen on them.



I love snowmen. I don't know why since I am disliking winter more and more every year. The wind, the cold, the ice - no thank you! I don't mind snow when it is fresh and new, but after a few day I am done with it.

I am also making progress on Friendship Rings. I love that by working on this one as a Leader & Ender project I will have 2 quilt tops finished at about the same time!

I finished the black and white HST units yesterday, after I discovered that I had not cut enough of the white triangles. I also discovered I had not cut ANY of the white triangles for the side units for Block 1. That is now taken care of and I started piecing the side units.


I now have one Block 1 ready to piece and one Block 2 pieced. I just had to see what they would look like!


I am sewing like crazy before I return to work on Monday. I really should be working on de-cluttering and reorganizing, but, yeah, I'm sewing instead. I don't get much done during the week after school starts. I am a kindergarten teacher's aide. Maybe it's because they are so young, or maybe it's because I am getting older, but by the end of the day I am tired. And, those darn cleaning and cooking elves keep forgetting to come to my house. So, off I go to do some cleaning, cooking and, of course, sewing!


No comments: