Monday, January 5, 2015

Design Wall Monday

Well, Happy New Year!
Here is what is on my wall.

I have lots of little scraps. I consider anything less than 2" little. I just cannot bear to throw them out.
So I am working on Diamond Log Cabin. I have made a few more diamonds since I took this picture but I haven't upload them to the computer yet.

 I recently discovered a quilt group in my area. They have just started a monthly exchange using star blocks. Each month our fabrics get passed to the next person on the list who makes their star block. In the end - 15 months since there are 15 quilters doing this exchange - we will all have 15 different star blocks. Here are my fabrics.

 Here is my block - Solomon's Star.

Completed this past month is this baby quilt for a friend - she has a new granddaughter.


This football quilt is for my new grand-nephew.

Some of these pictures are not very good. For some reason my computer is not recognizing my camera and won't download the pictures. I had to use my iPod and those pictures are kind of blurry.

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Your tiny diamond log blocks are wonderful! Are you paper piecing those? And great finishes for the beginning of 2015!

Chris said...

I also wondered if you were paper piecing? They look incredible.

Pat said...

Where did you get the pattern for the diamond log cabin?

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Happy New Year!! WOW - your Diamond Log Cabin blocks are teeny - what a great use for little bitty scraps!! And your quilts look VERY nice - even with some "not that blurry" photos - ;))

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your quilt pictures. I had the same problem with my little Kodak camera. I bought a card reader at Wal-mart for under $10. Now I just pop the card out of the camera and into the card reader, then into the computer. Good luck!