Thursday, January 8, 2015

What I Am Working on Today...

Another school emergency day for me. We are still under a wind chill advisory. It was suppose to end at noon today but I see we are under a winter weather advisory now. It has begun to snow along with the high winds. I really am not a fan of this weather.

But, I have been enjoying being at home and playing with my fabrics and yarn.


This is the Fire Island Hosta. My husband says it needs to be at the top of my priority list! I had planned to work on some other things also today, but he keeps talking about it so I thought I better get busy. I have all the paper pattern pieces cut and bagged. Now I am cutting the fabric into the required strips and bagging them with the paper pieces. That seems to be the tedious part for me so I thought if I could get that part done then I can just grab a bag and sew when I have time.


I have 4 of these leaf units finished. I also added a few more diamonds to the Diamond Log Cabin.

 I like to keep an knitting project to work on during evening TV time. My house is not well lit so I find sewing difficult. I like to keep my hands busy, but can still pay attention to the TV and the husband. I finished this 3S Shawl by Amy A Meade. A link to the pattern can be found here.

 I recently visited my parents and this little cabinet came home with me. It is perfect for my threads. I put a design board that I recommissioned into an ironing pad on top. It is on castors so I can roll it right up by my machine.
 Last year I found this blog. She was doing a Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2014 and is doing another one for 2015. Even though I found it late I thought I would start at the beginning and play along. Here is what I have done from 2014. This was the color for January. I didn't get too far, but that's ok. I will just keep working on it when I am able to.

Here I was trying to decide what gray sashing would like. I decided I need 12 blocks of each of 10 colors to make a quilt the size I want. There was no color for December- that was 'finish it up' month and I don't think I want to use the brown/black/gray option for November. This is Bonnie Hunter's Jack in the Box block from the January/February '11 issue of Quiltmaker.
soscrappy is also giving block ideas for this challenge.

This is what it looks like from my front door today. Glad I am able to stay in and play!

No comments: