Monday, January 19, 2015

Design Wall Monday

To see what everyone else is working on go here...

Here is my design wall as of today...


Starting on the top right are left over pieces from a recent quilt for a friend's new granddaughter. 




I am thinking about doing something similar for my own new great niece explaining why they are still up there. 















Below that are pieces for In a Pickle by Karissa Key Designs. Here is what it will look like when finished.



In A Pickle Quilt Kit

Back at the top, in the middle are three blue blocks. Last year I started working following along with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge here...
I started in the middle of the year so I was behind to begin with. Anyway, I made these 6 inch blocks following directions I found on the RSC site. Still working away on this although it does seem to get put aside for other projects.

On the top left are units for Fire Island Hosta by Judy and Bradley Niemeyer. My husband says it is 'top priority' so I am working on it more than my other projects.




On the bottom left is a leftover block from this quilt for a co-worker's new baby.


 I don't know why it is sideways, sorry.



On my quilt machine is this strippy Dr. Seuss quilt. The strips are minky-type fabric and the backing is as well. The mother of my friend who I made the purple, green and white butterfly quilt for pieced this. I was asked to quilt it for her as she lives in a senior retirement facility and does not have the room or the means to do it herself. I said yes because I always need the practice. It is for her granddaughter. I know she will love it.



This is what the soap dispenser did to me this morning....again.
This is the third time in a weeks time that has happened. The first two times I was getting ready to leave for work and had to change my top. When the soap dries you can still see it.
Today I don't have to work because of the MLK holiday. I am leaving this shirt on since I will be cleaning and hanging around the house today and no one will see me. Well, no one except my husband and he won't care. In fact he will laugh.
And it does seem the joke is on me. If you look at this picture upside down the soap splashes appear to be a smiley face! Bad soap dispenser.
This is NOT funny! :)

1 comment:

carla said...

Hi!!!! Beautiful quilts you are doing!!!! It does look like a smiley face!!!!