Monday, October 20, 2014

Design Wall Monday

This is what I am currently working on ...


 ... a co-worker is expecting her first baby in November. She has opted to not find out the gender of the baby until it is born.

I have had this cute vintage-looking book panel for a while, but no plans for it. This is right up her alley. She likes red and books and vintage-looking.

But, I wanted to make a quilt, not a book so I also bought a print that goes with the panel. I think I will use this as the backing.

Then when I found out we are planning a shower for her at work I decided I needed to get busy! I ordered some more fabric to go with it but 2 of the pieces haven't arrived. Guess they won't be going in the quilt.

So, anyway, there are 8 printed book blocks. I am trying to make this a useable size so I am adding in some pieced blocks. I am thinking the red word print for a border and the blue word print to fill in some of the space between blocks. The red and white print will be the binding.

Still have more to do. I want to get this on the frame and quilted this weekend since the shower is next Monday!

Why do I always wait until the last minute!?

To see what other people are doing, go here.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Good luck with your quilt plans.

Anonymous said...

That's a great use of a cloth "book" panel! It will make an adorable baby quilt.

LA Paylor said...

last minute... you are doing a lot, that's why! And you want to do it all! And it seems possible in the beginning, hee hee. You'll do it! It's so fun I'd love it too. I like vintage a lot. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Bonnie said...

It looks like your quilt will definitely be coming together nicely.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

About fifteen/twenty years ago I made several quilts from "book" panels for my grandchildren. It was always a fun challenge to get it to come out to decent size using spacer blocks and sashings. Yours is looking GOOD!! - ;))