Friday, September 21, 2012

On the Needles

On my needles this week is Iced by Carol Feller. It is a free pattern from Ravelry and can be found here.


The yarn is Sensations Rainbow Classic Blue. I was going into my local Joann's store and saw this in the sale bin outside. There were 2 skeins so I thought I should rescue them! Like I need another project. This is working up pretty quickly since it is a bulky yarn. I was in need of a quick project. I have been a little frustrated lately. I have been asked to make a T-shirt quilt. The customer wants solid blue sashing, outer border, backing and binding with a solid white inner border. I found a solid blue that was the perfect match to the blue in the T-shirts. There was only 1 1/4 yards on the bolt. I need 9 yards. I was told it could be special ordered and delivered to the store. I asked if I could get it through their on-line store and was told that I could do that. I was given the number off the bolt so I would be able to identify the color. When I got on-line I could not find that fabric listed. I sent an e-mail to customer service and was told that item was an in-store purchase only. So, the next weekend I went back to the store to do a special order. Their computer showed that they had 11 yards in the store. I found the bolt from the weekend before with the 1 1/4 yards on it. I also found a bolt with a different manufacture name with that same number. I took it to the counter also. That bolt was the 11 yards. Seems the manufacture name has changed. Same number, same color name - bright blue, but the colors are not even close. None of the other blues looked right. So I went to the other 2 fabric stores in town only to find that non of the blues are what I am looking for. Looking some more tomorrow. I am afraid to order on-line since the colors may not be true on the computer monitor.

To see what others are knitting join Judy here.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I like the pattern and the yarn. Sorry about your search for the right fabric, I know it can be frustrating - hope you find another match.

Judy S. said...

Interesting pattern! Finding the right fabric can be hard it seems. I spent a few hours the other day looking and came away empty handed..... Looking for my Sunbonnet Sue project isn't going to be as easy as I thought.