Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mrs. Cranky

Well, school has been in session for about a month now. Most of the kids are settling in well. Some - not so much :)
There have been a few staff changes this year. Most of that is going well. Some - not so  much :)

The kids - they are Kindergarteners, remember? - have been a little - umm - energetic the last few days. Some of my duties include recess, lunch and storytime/bathroom break.

The second lunch group was especially noisy yesterday. I had to get a little cranky with them to get them to quiet down and listen so they could clean up their trays and line up for recess. Then, later, at storytime/bathroom break they were noisy again. They kept talking while I was reading. I had informed them at the beginning of the school year that I would nicely ask them to listen, but if they chose not to listen that I would stop reading. Yesterday I had to stop reading. As I was quietly sitting there waiting for them to quiet down one of the boys said to me, "You're really nice". I told him that I was feeling a little cranky and didn't feel nice. His classmate sitting next to him said, "I think you need a cupcake"!

Ha - kids are so funny and so sweet. :)

No comments: