Thursday, August 9, 2018

What I Am Working On

School starts for me with 2 days of Teacher Institute days on August 20th. Students begin August 22nd. I know once school starts and we get settled into the routine I will enjoy the students. But, until them I am not looking forward to going back. Part of my duties are making the check off sheets for the teachers that shows what each student does at the end of the day. Some ride one bus, some ride another bus, some get picked up right at dismissal and others stay with me until the last two late buses arrive. Registration was August 1st and each student is required to fill out a transportation card that lets the district know where they live, if they will ride the bus to/from school, or be picked up and by who. I don't have the information from the transportation director yet. Also, there is an orientation day on August 20th for parents and students to meet their teacher, bring their supplies and confirm contact and transportation information. So I really can't to anything until that second TI day. And, there are always, ALWAYS, changes during that first week. It is my most dreaded duty. I have been having bad dreams about it for a couple of weeks now.
Of all my other duties (there are a lot) my most favorite is RtI time. I work with the students who are struggling in Math - number recognition and counting mostly. I have to access them weekly, but I try to plan activities that are fun for them while they learn about numbers. I found some nice file folder games at the end of last year, but didn't have time to get them together so I brought them home to work on.



Different ways to show numbers.



Strip puzzles help learn number sequence. I have these in other fun pictures too, like dinosaurs.

I also have another quilt on the frame.


This will go the my great-niece who is due the end of August. It is the very first Frivols by Moda - Kindred - that was available August 2015. You can see that I like to let my projects marinate for a while before I finish them! I could not find it in stock at any of the sights I checked, but if you are interested, or are not familiar with Frivols kits, you can learn more about them here.
 

Design Wall Mondays and  
What a Hoot Quilts is challenging quilters to 
finish '18 in 2018'.  Check them out.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I like your baby quilt - very pretty!! Your "strips" to learn number sequencing is interesting - it makes me wonder how I learned to do it - way back in the dark ages - LOL - ;))