Friday, August 17, 2018

A busy week it was

I posted on Monday that this week would be busy, and it was.
Tuesday I made the planned trip to visit my son and take him some things for his garage sale (which they are having next week) and the seven fish from his aquarium. He had gotten some aquariums set up and was ready for them. He called me last night to let me know that one of them has not survived. I am not surprised by that, but hopefully the rest will be ok. My parents decided to come over too. My mom has been clearing her house of unwanted items and we all decided it would great to get rid of our stuff and hope they kids make some money off of selling them. We had a nice lunch and then GF went to work and my parents headed home. My son needed to few things from W-M so we did that, then I headed home. It was a full day.

Wednesday I had a fun fabric shopping trip with the quilt girls. I got some backing fabrics for quilt tops I have finished.
The purple piece on the left is from Joann Fabrics and was purchased pieced. It is flannel and Minkee-type squares. It will be a baby quilt for my great-niece due the end of this month. Since I have finished the other one this one will be given at Christmas.
The middle piece is the striped Ombre quilt and the one on the right is Fading Charms.

I also got some more fabric to make covers for the dog cushion (which they and the dog seem to approve of). GF loves Halloween and Christmas, Son loves anything hunting, camo, nature. I was thinking ahead and remembered to get zippers to match the fabrics!

Yesterday was quite a day.
It started out with the funeral for our neighbor's mother. She had been suffering from dementia for several years and had gone downhill quickly over the past few weeks. While it is sad to say goodbye, she is now at peace. 
We had to finish up some more family stuff that started on Monday. Long story and very frustrating, but today's events went better than expected. 
However we came home to a bathroom sink that had not drained in the 2 1/2 hours we were gone. It had been running slow for some time, but had always completely drained. Several years ago my husband had a plumber come to the house to replace the pipes as they are old and clog easily. The plumber replaced some of the pipe, but said the pipe from the sink to the basement did not need replaced and that he had 'some stuff to clear it right up' and would be back to do that. He never came back. The draining situation has only gotten worse. So at 7:00 last night we were taking things apart and trying to clear the drain. About an hour later it was working. Lots of water all over the basement floor and a mess in the bathroom. We did a quick clean up and I will clean more thoroughly today. But, first I have an appointment for my back-to-school haircut. My husband is running around to a bank, another bank and the farm office still working on getting the mess straightened out that his father created over 30 years ago. It all came to light when my MIL passed. The ladies that are so helpful (really, they are) at the farm office and said our situation is not unusual. Good to know we aren't the only ones, but still frustrating. Especially when FIL refuses to give information or hides it and lies about it.
Tomorrow will hopefully be a quiet day and Sunday is one last trip before school starts with my quilt friends to a quilt show in Indianapolis.


No comments: