Friday, July 6, 2012

On the Needles

On my needles today are...

dish clothes. Only I left my knitting bag at my brother's house. He and his wife host a 4th of July potluck every year. It's so much fun to see everyone and the food is always wonderful. They usually do fireworks, but it is so dry where they live this year that they decided not to do them for the sake of fire safety. We didn't mind. The teenagers decided to drive to the local fireworks, but us old folks sat around outside and visited. We decided earlier to skip the parade, too. 100+ temps made that an easy decision! I always take my knitting - usually dish clothes because I don't have to pay much attention to them - with me. Forgot to bring it home, though. They live too far away to go just to retrieve the knitting. And, I have more needles and yarn so it can wait until I see them at Thanksgiving. Here are some dish clothes I finished earlier. I like to keep some on hand since they make nice little gifts, especially with a small bottle of hand lotion or bath gel.


6 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

OK - those look easy enough - are you able to share the pattern? What what kind of yarn do you use - how many stitches - how many rows - and what is your border - a round of double crochet?? Inquiring minds want to know - ;))

Judy D in WA said...

That's my favorite dishcloth pattern! I need to get busy and make a few more. You can never have too many!

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

I love those. I have made and received so many of them. Love that yellow.

Judy Laquidara said...

I love these knitted dishrags!

Ava Louise said...

Great looking dish cloths. I need to check my supply. I love to knit these too. There are several free dish cloth patterns on Ravelry.

Chris said...

Love the dishcloths! They are so cheery and fun. One of my favorite things to make, too. (And you are so patient to wait until Thanksgiving!!)