Monday, July 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday

On my design wall today... not much.
Last week was fair week for us.
My son took 2 chickens. He got 3rd and 4th place ribbons.

Levi's chickens
2nd place ribbon!
I took 2 quilts. Amish with a Twist got 2nd place in the Quilts, Machined Quilted category. I was really hoping for some constructive comments. There were none.
I am pretty pleased with 2nd place. I really wasn't expecting anything.

I also took the Little Twister quilt in the Quilt, Child Size category. It didn't place.


All the quilts were lovely. I enjoy looking at other people's work. The Grand Champion quilt was done with Christmas fabrics and hand quilted. Beautiful. I wasn't able to get photos.
There isn't room to display the quilts hanging up.
They are folded and placed in glass showcases.
They are protected this way, but I think it is a shame they
cannot be displayed in their full glory.





3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh your quilts are just delightful, the Amish with a twist is stunning. So did the judges get to see the entire quilt?

Happy Sewing and congrats on your ribbon

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

YAY YOU!! SECOND PLACE!! HOORAY!! GOOD JOB!! I totally agree with about hanging the quilts in order to see the whole thing - who wants to see a folded quilt?!?!?! - ;))

Linda said...

Congrats! Isn't it so fun to win? heehee Your quilt is so pretty and you deserve the ribbon. Good job!!