Monday, November 1, 2021

Design Wall Monday

To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

I've been a little busy.

My son got word that his kitchen cabinets are in the final stage of the building process and will be ready to install soon. So I made a trip to his house to get the kitchen ceiling and walls painted. I got there on Monday and got the ceiling painted. I let my mom know what I was up to and my parents came over the next day so she could help with the walls. She is very good at painting trim. While she did that I rolled the walls.

We made a good team and were finished by lunchtime. Son is very happy with the results.

Here he is with his dog, Pokie.

I did some sewing last week, too.

I got the RSC block for October pieced.
This is the last color - light, bright green. This is not a good photo, sorry. The remaining tasks for the year are to catch up, if needed, and assemble. I have ten blocks so I will be making two more.

I have 56 blocks pieced for the SBC 2021I need 7 more.

 I have fewer light-colored blocks but have nothing in my stash that will work so this project is on hold until I get some. And, that is one reason why I have UFOs!

I got Rainbow Rails pieced.
It has been added to the ever-growing pile of tops waiting to be quilted. There are seven in that pile now.

I got the center of  Fun with 4 pieced.
Now to cut and add the borders.

I have laid out the blocks from the Quilter's Exchange of 2017-18.


We used Winter Village by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts. As you can see I made mine a little more colorful.

And, finally, I am adding a border to the Cubs side of the futon cover. I cut the squares too small.
After this, I can quilt both sides and start the assembly process.

I think my next new project will be Dinner Plate Dahlia, a Quiltworx pattern. Husband insisted we order it.
Look at those beautiful batiks!
Sometimes I think the cutting and organizing of the Quiltworx patterns take as long as the sewing, but the instructions are so good and keep things so well organized that it makes them a joy to work on.

Stay safe and well.

Happy quilting!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

WOW!! I LOVE seeing your projects! You and your Mom make a good team - the painting looks great! - ;))