Monday, October 4, 2021

Design Wall Monday Oct. 4

 To see what other quilters have on their design walls go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I have been feeling a little scattered lately. A lot like the leaves that are falling. There aren't a lot of them, but they are steadily falling. I am NOT ready for fall, and especially for winter.



Husband continues farming - between rain sprinkles when this photo was taken.
We got enough rain over the weekend to put a stop to that.

I have flitted from one project to another, finishing none.

I cut fabric for a new project - Pins and Paws from Missouri Star Quilt Company.
The cutting was done while on the phone with Son. The good news is that I am cutting up fabrics from stash during these phone conversations. The bad news is I am getting a lot of projects cut, but not sewn!

The next clue for the mystery quilt my group is working on has been posted. I am just randomly putting them up on the design wall.
I don't know what the final layout will be yet, but I kind of like the staggered placement of the stars.

I'm looking at Diamond Head and contemplating loading it on the quilt frame.
I'm not crazy about this quilt, but it would be a good way to practice with the longarm.

I got some more blocks made for the Disappearing Rail Fence quilt.
I have 14 blocks made. I need 99.

I got the rainbow scrappy squares quilt quilted, trimmed, and am sewing down the binding.
I thought this backing fabric was perfect for this quilt.
I wondered how the backing would look as binding.
And that is what I am using. I'm kind of second-guessing that choice now, but I am not taking it off. I thought about making a scrappy binding, but I knew I would want to make the colors in the binding match up with the colors of the quilt and I really didn't feel like doing that. I may regret it later. And, yes, that is a hand quilting project under the scrappy squares quilt that I am also working on.

I continued to search for fabric to go with this panel.
I had already received the panel and coordinating print. I found other fabrics that I thought would work with them and they have been ordered. Last week 
I texted the person who asked me to make it showing him photos of the fabric and pattern idea I had along with the cost. He finally texted me back today saying it was more than they wanted to spend. Well, darn, but that's ok. I am going to make it anyway. It may end up as a fair project. Who knows, maybe someone else will like it .

These are the last of the Endangered Species quilts. 





Stay safe and well.
Happy quilting!

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your projects! Using the backing fabric for your binding on the rainbow scrappy quilt was a good idea - it already has all of the colors in the quilt without a lot of extra work. Those endangered species quilts have amazing detail! - Thanks for sharing - ;))