Monday, September 27, 2021

I saw something unusual today...

I needed to run a few errands today. When going through town I did a double-take at the 4-way stop. This is a horrible photo and it is hard to tell what I was taking a photo of, but...
...that yellow and green blurry blob just right of center in this photo...it's a PARROT! I least I think it's a parrot. It was a big, colorful bird, just hanging out the window (like a dog) enjoying the ride.

The hummingbirds are still hanging around.
The starlings made a stop in our yard one day.


I've been busy this week.
I helped Husband bale corn stalks. He uses them for bedding.
There are seven big round bales still in the field. We baled 120 small square bales, too.

I got a butterfly made for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge using orange, the color for September.

I finished the quilting on the Beachcomber jacket.




I quilted a different motif in each star block and in most of the filler pieces. I have learned a lot about my machine and how it works!
 I started sewing the pieces together this morning.

I started sewing together blocks from the scraps I cut during phone conversations with Son. This is Disappearing Rail Fence by Create with Claudia.

Sometimes when he calls he talks for hours so I try to be productive. So far I am only using green and white all from my scraps and stash. I know that I don't have enough of either cut. I haven't decided if this will be a green and white quilt or if I will mix it up. I think I have too many greens already cut to add too many colors, but gold/yellow might be nice. Green is my favorite color and Son votes for leaving it green and white only so that is probably what I will do. 

I got all the setting triangles cut and three rows sewn together on this Exchange quilt.

I got the backing loaded for this Rainbow Scrappy Squares quilt.

I have been asked to make a hunting quilt similar to the quilt I made my son. This is my son's quilt.
 I had entered it at the county fair. A guy saw it, liked it, and contacted his friend to see if he knew who made it. That friend knows our family and contacted my son who relayed the message to me. The guy wants something similar for his son-in-law who is a duck and goose hunter. Some of the fabrics have arrived.

 I will be using the Panel Plus pattern,  Option 2, pending the approval of the person who requested the quilt.
Of course, the center will be the Duck and Goose panel. The borders will be fabrics to coordinate with the panel.

Here are a few more Endangered Species quilts.


The center detail of the coneflower was strips of fabric and pom-poms.

The shark's teeth appeared to be real ones!

And, now I need to go do some yard work and later clean up this mess on the bed in my sewing room. 
In defense of the mess, I know exactly what is what - I am trying to organize my yard and get it all in one tub. Also, projects in various stages of completion, patterns that have parts available for weekly printing, stacks of fabrics for projects waiting for the rest to arrive, scrapbooking supplies. In time it will all be better organized and hopefully finished. I hope no one needs to spend the night any time soon!
 
Stay safe and well.
Happy quilting!

3 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

I LOVE your posts!! I love the quilting you did on your Beachcomber jacket - and your projects. Thanks for sharing - ;))

Dolly said...

I so appreciated your comment on my post from today, so I popped over to see what you have been up to . Girl ! You put me to shame ! How much time do all the projects today represent. Please tell me that this is September's work, not just this week !

Funny, but I had to do some yardwork today too, but I loved it. I finally tackled doing some raking of all the twigs that seem to come down with every rainstorm. And then of course, I had plenty for the burn can, and spent time tending it. This is after washing my car and vacuuming it out. Taking it in for fluid changes tomorrow, and I don't want the young man to think I'm a slob !!!

I saved your photo of the instructions for the Disappearing Rail Fence. First time I've run across that one. As I filed the photo, I noticed that I had several photos saved from your blog, so you are definitely an inspiration to me. Uh, well, in my mind's eye........of course, IF I ever get around to making 10% of the quilts that I save photos for, I'll have to add on a room. But, such is our addiction, right?

Love your work, and the quilting on the stars is wonderful. And that coneflower quilt........of course I'm loving that !

Thanks for stopping by MY blog.....Talk to you next time maybe. Be well.

Bonnie said...

You are definitely full of ideas. I especially like the Disappearing Rail Fence which I took a look at and went down that rabbit hole for a while. And, then had fun seeing what you are working on. Great post with lots of inspiration. Thanks for sharing it all.