Monday, September 13, 2021

Design Wall Monday

 To see what other quilters are up to go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I've been busy. I helped Husband bale hay yesterday and will again today.

I visited Son last week. He was thankful to restock his groceries and just for some time out of the house. His walls are mostly prepped for painting but we are still waiting on the electrician. I don't want to paint since he will be making holes in the wall to add outlets and check some wires. 

On the quilting front, I got this little quilt quilted. The binding is made but still needs to be attached and stitched down. 


The green paisley will be the backing. The floral plaid will be the binding.

I finished all the stars and some 9-patch blocks for the Beachcomber Jacket.
The sweatshirt still needs to be cut apart. Husband about had a heart attack when I told him that was the next step. He was fine once he realized why that needed to be done. I will be cutting the sweatshirt apart later this week after I quilt this Bear Hug quilt.
The bear is Minkee type fabric with a flannel belly to make it soft and cuddly.
Grandpa is the New Holland mechanic who comes to our place to work on Husband's farm equipment so of course, come New Holland combines and tractors need to make an appearance.
He was pretty excited about the baby when he told Husband he is going to be a grandpa.
His daughter and son-in-law know the gender of the baby, but they aren't telling anyone. He doesn't know I am making this quilt. I know it looks very boyish, but I hope it is acceptable whatever the gender is.

Here are a few more Endangered Species quilts.






I have been asked to make a few more masks lately. I am thankful for my fabric stash and sewing skills but I am looking forward to the day Covid is gone and masks are no longer needed.

Stay safe and well.
Happy quilting.

2 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

LOVE your projects as usual - and I think the whole world agrees with you - we'll all be glad to see Covid gone - and masks no longer needed. Those endangered species quilts are amazing - the tree one reminds me of my "confetti" quilt - LOL - ;))

Judy Hansen said...

Hi Cindy,
Very pretty quilts on your blog post, like a mini quilt show. I really like the little mini flag quilt you made from the Temecula Quilt Company. You know I love small quilts, and I love flag quilts. So I am going to make this one too. Thanks for joining the Design Wall Mondays linky party. Hugs, Judy