Monday, March 18, 2019

Some Snow and Some Sun

Yesterday started out like this...

Husband and I headed out for our weekly shopping trip and decided to come back home after driving about 4 miles in heavy snow.












These pictures were taken about an hour later and it was still snowing.


By early afternoon the snow had stopped and was melting.


About an hour after that the sun was shining and most of the snow was gone.

My car had to go to the car fix it guy this past week. We dropped it off on Friday afternoon and were able to pick it up on Saturday afternoon. He was able to fix some things but found something else that he wasn't able to fix so it needs to go to the alignment shop for that. I will be making that call this morning. My car is a 2008 HHR. I love my car. I worry about my car now that it is getting older. But the guy said it is in good shape. Glad to hear that!

My school district is on Spring Break this week so I have lots of plans. I know I won't accomplish all of them, but I will get some things done. And,that will be easier since I am getting my sewing room a little more under control.



Most of my fabrics are now on this shelf and in the cubby unit. The table is mostly cleared off and won't take much to get it usable.


The big ironing board is also mostly cleared off; enough that I can iron a large piece. I will be replacing the fabric on it this week. And I still need to apply batting to foam board and get those up on the wall. I also want to add a shelf above the foam board. I need some type of light that will light up the ironing board from above it. The ceiling light behind me cast shadows when I stand at the ironing board.















I finished the quilting on the baby quilt.












And, finished this sweet fabric book that goes with it. 

Now I need to bind the quilt, embroider a star with baby's name, applique that on and get it washed. I will be making another trip this week to see my son and his GF. I need to get this to her for the baby shower (for her sister's baby) the end of this month. Son has also requested some doggie bandanas 

How to Make a Reversible, Personalized Dog Bandana | Use basic sewing skills, your Silhouette and HTV to create a unique pet accessory. pitterandglink.com
Not his dog. Tutorial found on Pinterest.

for his dog and a velcro patch with his dog's name and phone number. 

yisibo Service Dog Vest Harness No-Pull Nylon K9 Patrol Military Training Dog Vest with Handle (L(27-35" Chest Girth),Ranger Green)
Not his harness. This one can be found at Amazon.

They found a harness similar to this one at the Goodwill store near them, but the patches were missing. But, I can now get to the table my embroidery machine is on in the sewing room! Sew, I need to get busy and get some things done. 

No comments: