Thursday, March 21, 2019

Finishes and Happy Day with Friends

I got the name patch for my son's dog harness finished.
Then, I finished the baby quilt.

The baby's name is embroidered in the star hanging in the moon. I blocked it out for privacy for the family.



I have finished packing boxes for my son.

I will load the car later today.



I have taken care of some important phone calls and e-mails, done the usual household things like dishes, mopping, laundry (still washing and drying), gotten a haircut.



And, now I am working on the block for the Exchange for this month.

It is always interesting to see the different fabric choices each quilter uses. 


This is my block using my fabrics for my quilt. I am making this block for each person doing this exchange, but using their fabrics. 



I am thinking of redoing mine. I am not sure I like the yellow squares the arrows are pointing to. 



Originally, I thought they looked like 'jewels' in the crown, but I don't like the look. I experimented with some of the other blocks and made those squares with the background fabric. I like that look better.

The blocks look different depending on fabric and placement of fabric.



I forgot to get a picture of my block for two of these but, you can see how the fabrics and placement make the blocks unique.

No comments: