Saturday, March 23, 2019

New

Something new for today... sunshine, warmer temps and little wind. Feels like Spring.

Also, newly finished block for the Block Exchange.

Mine is the lower left block. The exchange was this morning so now I have a new bag to work on.

New fabrics acquired this week when I went on a little road trip with my quilt buddies.

I had purchased the Anything Goes Table Topper pattern the last time we went on a shopping trip. This time I got fabrics to make some with.


I got the pattern at Boline's. I am sure it is available at other quilt shops. Here is an on-line source.



The pattern says to use one fabric for the back and suggests that it be the same as or co-ordinate with the fabric used for the points. I am going to try to make one reversible. The fabrics on the left will be one table topper with the fabrics in the middle are for the reverse side. The fabrics on the right will be another table topper with the turquoise as the points and back.



The batik on top was meant for an  Anything Goes Table Topper, but then I found something I liked better. The bottom piece is a lovely light paisley that will be great for a background.

My Spring Break is almost over. I am hoping for lovely sunny, warmer weather from here on out so the students can enjoy outside recess. They are getting restless this time of year and it really helps for them to be able to play outside. It helps me too!

And, a new bloom on the geranium that I just discovered when I was watering.


I think it is enjoying the sunshine, too!

No comments: