Thursday, December 28, 2017

Winter Break

See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

I hope everyone enjoyed a wonder Christmas spent just the way you wanted.

My son and his girlfriend has visited us before Christmas. Her work schedule is not the typical Saturday/Sunday off. She also works 2nd shift 3 days a week and 2 overnight shifts every week. And, right now she is able to pick up some overtime at good pay which we are fine with.

Then, they were able to find a great little apartment and needed help moving. So I spend a long day helping with that.

My niece bought a cute little house this fall. And, since we are all still mourning the loss of my brother (her dad) it was decided that a new tradition should be started. She hosted Christmas at her house on the 26th. She had to work Christmas day, but at double time and an half that is hard to pass up. She is single, no children, I say go for it.

I gifted her and her mother with their pillow made from my brother's shirts.







I embroidered little tags to fit in the pocket on the back.






There were tears, but I think they really liked them. My brother and sister-in-law sang the song to their daughter even before she was born. They grow sunflowers every year, he was a bee keeper and a conservationist.

My niece is decorating her living room in grays and yellows and using her dad's bee keeping supplies so I made her another pillow.


My brother recycled used jars to store his honey in. He would mark out the name on the jar and write his name with a marker.  I was able to print out a pic my niece had taken of a jar she found in their kitchen cabinet days after his death. I used that to replicate the jar on the pillow.


My brother had started a tradition of gifting me with salt and pepper shaker sets. My son and niece continued that tradition this year.

The owls are from my son, the roosters from my niece.


Here they are in my grandmother's cabinet with her Fiestaware.


My sister-in-law knows I love kitties and love to sew!


But, this cute little kitty is too cute to stick pins into. She can live on my machine.


My mom gave me these cute little chicken-shaped plates. We are not sure what they are suppose to be used for - tea bags, spoon rest, ??


 This Christmas season has been filled with tears, memories, and family. I am blessed.

No comments: