Friday, December 29, 2017

Snowy Day

See what other quilters are up to at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.

The weather has been a tiny bit frightful here. Sub-zero temps. And, now it is snowing with 3-6 inches possible today and more tonight. It doesn't seem like it is snowing hard enough right now for that kind of accumulation so I hope we don't get that much. Fortunately, there is no wind.

So, what is a person to do? Make snowflakes! The fabric and thread kind. These are machine embroidered on polyester organza and water soluble stabilizer using rayon thread. I purchased the CD from Nancy's Notions and it came with the stabilizer and organza.


I stitched snowflakes until I ran out of white thread. I am almost out of organza, as well. 
You can see in the photo above that one snowflake is not completely trimmed. These can be stitched all white or with a combination of colors. I used a combination of white and purples, white and blues and white and pinks. I prefer the purples the best. I was planning to try silver gray and very light lime green. I guess that will have to wait until another time.


This is my favorite so far. 

I also worked on my Fire Island Hosta that I started in 2014.

All the units are cut and pieced.


And, now they are organized into sets and ready to assemble.


I hope it doesn't take me another 3 years to to that!



1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your snowflakes! And I'm glad to see you working on the Fire Island Hosta again - that is such a beautiful pattern. Don't worry about it being three years old - I have some MUCH older than that - ;))