Monday, December 18, 2017

Monday again

Go to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts to see what other quilters are up to.

I had a lovely dinner with a small group of my quilt friends on Thursday evening. Then we went to a nearby town to see a wonderful musical light display.

Here is a link that will take you to their web page Lighting Up Paxton.

I was gifted this lovely metal barn quilt. Feathered Star is my favorite block. Sadly, I have 2 quilts started using this block, but none finished.


I was also gifted with 2 plate holders. This friend makes a lot of the bowl holders to give and sell. One of her friends challenged her to make a plate holder. She gave each of us our pick of 2. I chose red and blue. What a great idea!


This weekend I worked on my Exchange blocks.
Here are the blocks before I added mine.


I couldn't decide which way I wanted the hour glass block to go. I had decided on the bottom one, but when I picked it up to sew it I must have turned it.


It's ok, this is how the directions say to place it.


Here are all the blocks with mine added, top and bottom right.


Our district lets out 2 hours early on Wednesday for Christmas break. We will be serving Christmas dinner - gravy with turkey pieces, mashed potatoes, dressing, roll, green beans, and ice cream. Each child invites two adults to eat with them. After the meal the children sing a couple of Christmas songs and parents may then take their child home. There are always a handful of students who have no adults able to come eat with them. We have wonderful volunteers and staff who sit with those children. Then there are a some students who don't get to leave with their adults because the adults need to go back to work. They are sad but we try to do something fun with them until time to dismiss for the day. This week will be a little crazy and I think we are all looking forward to having some time away from school. I am looking forward to some sewing time!

3 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your metal barn block - and your blocks! Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year - ;))

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oops - make that metal barn "quilt". And I like the plate holders, too - what a clever idea to make some "plate" size - ;))

Christina said...

The feathered star is beautiful! I have seen it recently for the first time, and it speaks to me, wanting to make it. I hope you were able to find some nice sewing time during the holiday break.