Monday, July 24, 2017

Lately...

I have
 put this on the frame


and quilted it.


I needed to have it finished so I would have something to work on in the car 
because I went on a little trip with my quilty friends.
We went to Missouri, originally to visit


Missouri Star Quilt Co., but discovered the Highway 36 Quilt Trail
was happening along with a Row by Row event.

Some of my goodies.
'Building' prints for a house quilt my exchange group is planning, black/white/gray prints for a BWG quilt I am gathering fabric for, charm packs and coordinating fabrics for a quilt I am 
planning for my reading chair at school.

 

A clutch purse kit, FQs just because I liked them :), 
FQ neutral backgrounds because I always need them.


Wide backing print and fabrics for borders on the quilt that is up next, 
Follow the Sun and Bee Inspired cuts for a quilt for my sister-in-law 
(by brother was a beekeeper and conservationist
and she loves sunflowers (he did too) - these are perfect).
There is also a green towel on that pile. I plan to use some of the fabric with it for her kitchen.


Kits for the Highway 36 Quilt Trail block for two of the shops along the trail.


Next on the frame was this quilt. I needed it quilted so I could work on the binding
when my son and I stayed with my sister-n-law. 






It was good to see her again, but another reason we went was so my 
son could participate in a target shoot near there. He did this shoot for the first time last year with my brother. It was a hard decision for him to make as to whether or not to do it again this year. My sister-in-laws cousin stepped up and said he would go with my son. What a great guy! It was still hard emotionally for all of us but it was a good day.

 It was put on by Rinehart targets.

Last year there was a big rain during the early morning hours
before the course opened and it was so muddy! My brother turned what could have
been a bad day into a wonderful adventure for my son. That was the kind of person he was.
We all miss him so much.
This year was dry and the temps were not too hot.

Giraffe on the Rinehart Safari course
Got an acorn!
Ready to hunt!
Thanksgiving 2016

Purple Coneflower - my brother loved this. He planted a couple of prairies on the ground that they bought.

















3 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

Your quilt finishes are beautiful! I look forward to hand stitching the binding, too. It's one of my favorite parts of the whole quilting process.

time4stitchn said...

I love your finishes as well. The first one has such soft colors. In your second one I admire the scrappy border; it really sets it off. I am in the process of binding, and just attached one today. Now for the relaxing hand sewing.

Judy Hansen said...

Your first quilt is so beautiful and gives such a summer feeling. Nice blog post.
Would you mind amending your post to include a reference to Design Wall Monday at http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com That way when people see your link and go to your blog to read about it, they can easily link back to Design Wall Monday to go to the next blog. Thanks!
Judy