Monday, July 31, 2017

Monday


I can already tell this post is going to take me a long time to do.
We have a really slow/bad internet connection today - as usual :(  

Over the weekend I worked on this cute baby quilt for one of my quilt group friends.
The blocks are cross-stitched. Aren't they cute?! The backing is red minky.
I have four more baby quilts to quilt for her. Three of them are cross-stitched and will have minky backings, the other is flannel squares and strips and will have a flannel backing.
What lucky babies!


  
She requested the Bauhaus Petite design. It is a fairly new one for me and I really like it.

I am loading this one on the frame now - *between checking to see if my pictures have downloaded. 


This is made from scraps/stash and black that I always have on hand since I use it a lot.
I will use black for the binding. The backing was bought for another project but
ended up not being the right color. Works well for this one.

It will be a cover for my husbands chair. The other one is dirty and shredding. 
I am afraid to put it in the wash because I know it will fall apart!   


I am using the Ravioli Petite design board. It arrived Saturday and I am liking it a lot, too!

*It took the better part of this morning to get this posted. I did work on the above quilt in between checking to see if things were loading, but still. Reliable internet in rural areas is not good.



 In memory of my brother.
I believe coneflowers and sunflowers were his favorite.

No comments: