Friday, July 28, 2017

Love/Hate

I have a love/hate relationship with my waterbed.

I love that it is king-sized, which is big enough for my restless sleeper husband to have plenty of room to be, well, restless and I can stay on my side and hang of for dear life when he starts being restless. Also, that it is warm, especially in the winter. The bed pictured below is similar to my bed. Mine has the double drawer platform which is great for clothing storage. Mine also has the mirror and storage compartments on each side of the headboard, but I also have a small lamp in each side of the headboard.

Image result for waterbed

Once in a while, years apart, we get a leak or the heater quits. Those are easy fixes, but they do take a day or two to fix. Our well water is about 40 degrees and it takes a few days for the water to heat up to a comfortable temperature. But, what I really hate is that the sheets do not stay tucked in. The pockets are just not deep enough to stay put, especially when there is a restless sleeper.
The picture below isn't a waterbed, but this is what mine looks like frequently. Sheets not in place.
I cannot seem to figure out how to keep them tucked.
Image result for waterbed untucked sheets

On a brighter note, this is blooming!


1 comment:

marie said...

Are you using waterbed sheets? I have a bed like yours and use regular sheets, either California king or king sized. They stay tucked in for me.