Saturday, January 7, 2017

On my frame

You can tell school has started and I am back to work again since I haven't posted since January 2nd. That really isn't that long for me, though.

I took these blocks off my wall....


I don't think I will making any more for a while, although I will continue to print out new ones as they are posted.

I finally got this T-shirt quilt loaded on my frame.


 It took a lot longer than I anticipated for the thread to get here. It seems that lately when I order things that start out with UPS or FedEx they get handed off to the 'local' USPS. According to the tracking information this order was stuck in a post office 50 miles south of where I live for 3-4 days. It then went to a post office 10 miles NORTH of where I live before being delivered to my house. Part of the reason it is taking longer when delivered that way is that the post offices in some of the rural towns around me are being closed, including my little town. I find it a little frustrating, but so far have not been willing to pay the extra shipping fee for quicker delivery.

I am lucky enough that both the UPS and FedEx delivery people know I work at the school and will deliver smaller packages to me there, even though they are addressed to my home address. Win-Win for all of us, I think. I know my package is safely delivered and they have less driving.




No comments: