Monday, April 4, 2016

Design Wall Monday

We had lots of fun during the week with quilts in Kinergarten.



I laid this quilt out two days in a row and the kids loved it. It was lots of fun to look for all the fun things in this quilt. They really enjoyed The Quiltmaker's Gift  and  The Quiltmaker's Journey books, too.

Friday I had the good fortune to have a rescheduled appointment. That meant I would miss a day of work, but get to go on a fabric shopping trip with my quilty friends.

Kindergarten went on a field trip to a local children's museum. There were lots of parents going on the trip so I knew it would be a good day for me to miss.

My quilty friends had a good day at Boline's Quilt Fabric Warehouse where the owners are so helpful and friendly. We always have lots laughs. Then, we found somewhere fun to eat lunch. We have made this trip several times and have decided we need to try a different place for lunch each time. Then on to a quilt show in Bloomington, Illinois.

I have really trying hard to not buy a lot of fabric - just what I need for an ongoing project or something I really love. These are my purchases from Friday...


On the left is a red and black flannel. I plan to use this for some Christmas pillow. Next, the green gradated fabric will go in a quilt that is in the planning stages. The top three on the right are for the 365 Challenge and Civil War Sampler. On the bottom right is a blue plaid that will be the background of a hand applique 6 x 12 banner.

Yesterday as I cut more pieces for the 365 Challenge I realized I probably should have picked up some more dark blues as I am starting to low an a few.

I am way behind with this project. I do print out the daily pattern. Yesterday I cut a lot of them, then I skipped ahead and got the center medallion pieced for the 365 Challenge...


I also got the next three blocks made for the Civil War Sampler...


In the evenings I am knitting on Indian Feathers by Alina Appasov. The pattern can be found on Ravelry.


I am finding it takes me about 30 minutes to knit the pattern row, and a lot of concentration, so it is slow going with this one.

  This image was taken from the Ravelry website.

To see what other people are working on  go to Judy's blog.

1 comment:

Charlene S said...

The children look like they are into the quilt. Nice enhancement fabrics.