Monday, February 1, 2016

Design Wall Monday

Last weekend was retreat time for me. It is always a lot of fun. Lots of inspiration and encouragement from some wonderful people.

I was able to go all 4 days this time due to careful scheduling of doctor appointments. 
I took several projects to work on.


One project was the 365 Challenge. I had printed them and made a few. 
I continued to print them every day of the retreat, pick my fabrics each day 
and put them together at retreat. I got caught up.


These are blocks 1 through 25. I am not caught up anymore. 
I have printed the instructions for each day. It won't take long to catch up. 
I takes me longer to decide which fabrics to use for 
each block than it does to make the block.


I got the Frivols top put together. I did not enjoy this block - Album. 
It finishes close to 40 inches. 
I am considering hand quilting this top but haven't decided on a design yet.















I had been making 4 patch blocks as 'leader-enders' for a while. 
I decided to use them in this block - Four Patch on Point 
from Quilters Cache. 
I decided to make the big squares in the 4 patch scrappy, unlike the pattern. I will use the green paisley as the sashing and borders. Whatever is left will go on the back. I know I will have to piece it with something else, but I have lots of 4 patches!

This past week at home I haven't done much sewing. 
I am just too tired and not motivated at the end of the day. 


I mailed this one and got confirmation today that it has been delivered.


Today I did start on another T-shirt quilt.
A big box of T-shirts has been measured and sorted. 

Now to figure out a layout. 
They want it king-sized.

I am thinking, hoping, this will be my last T-shirt quilt, except for people who are very dear to me.
I do not enjoy the process of making T-shirt quilts. I am not sure why, I just know I don't enjoy it. 
I have too many things I want to do to spend time working on things I do not enjoy.

To see what other quilters are working on go to Judy's page.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Looks like you made lots of good progress at the retreat. Your 365 blocks look great and I really like the Album blocks, sorry they weren't fun to make.