Monday, January 18, 2016

Design Wall Monday

Go to Judy's page to see what other quilters are up to.


It is COLD here... 1 degree, feels like -17 with the wind chill. I am thankful to not have to be out in this today.

Here is what I am working on...


I put together my block for the Quilter's Exchange. This is not a good representation of the purple. It is lighter than this pic shows. My group is meeting Saturday to start the exchange. There are 16 of us participating this time so in 16 months time I will have 16 blocks like this with this frame (my fabrics) and different centers. Last year we had 15 members participate and a couple of the members did 2 bags at once so it wouldn't take as long to complete. That may happen again this year.

And, since I got a travel iron to use at retreat I felt like it needed a tote. So I made this...

The pattern came from Nancy's Notions and included the heat reflective fabric.

 It opens up and lays flat as an ironing surface.

After much thought I decided to start the 365 Challenge. There is a new block each day for 365 days and you end up with a 90 inch square quilt.



Here are the first blocks. These are 3 1/2 inch, unfinished.
I have printed and cut fabrics for the blocks up through today to take to retreat, which starts Thursday and goes through Sunday. I am excited about it, but I have so many projects going right now that I am having a hard time deciding what to take. I do come home every night so I can always change my mind!


1 comment:

Charlene S said...

Kitting fabric for projects really helps at retreat. Just make sure you make notes too. Have lots of fun sewing, talking, and eating.