Monday, January 4, 2016

Design Wall Monday

Go here to Judy's page to see what other folks are working on.

On my wall are a few more of the Frivols blocks...


My Quilter's  Exchange group is starting a new exchange at our next retreat later this month. We are each making 6 inch blocks to go in the middle of a frame.
I was hoping to get a my fabrics ready for this. I have shopped twice and found the perfect fabrics.
Only they aren't perfect. At least not together.

I found this lovely batik snowflake panel fabric and planned to use it as alternate blocks to make my quilt bigger.

So I put together a block using my 6 inch block in the center.

Next to the snowflake block.... I don't like it.

The 'frame' is too dark and I have nothing else in my stash that will work.

I looked around online for something, but was worried the colors wouldn't be right.

So I have decided to use some other fabrics in my stash for the exchange and I will figure out something else to do with the snowflakes, because I really do like them. Lots of other people must have liked them too because everywhere I look it and fabrics that coordinate
with it are sold out.

This little 4 inch piece is made from the waste triangles created from making the frame.


2 comments:

Churn Dash said...

I love your frivols blocks.
The snow flakes are so lovely, but you might be right about the blue being too dark with them.
Helen

Ramona said...

Your Frivol blocks are beautiful! I agree with Helen... the snowflakes are lovely, but they are lost next to the blue. Hope you find something fun to make with them.