Monday, January 11, 2016

Decisions, Decisions...

My Quilter's Exchange group is starting a new exchange this month. We will each be making a 6 inch block to fit inside a Johnny Around the Corner frame. I chose Dancing Shoofly as my block.

I need to decide if I want the dark on the inside ...


or the outside.


At first I was thinking I would like the center block to be 'floating' and have the dark on the outside. But I kind of like the dark on the inside.

There is also the secondary pattern that forms...


 I think I like the white space that forms when the dark is on the inside.

My fabrics are the Isle of Enchantment Collection from Connecting Threads which is no longer available. The Royal Purple solid and Faux Battenburg Lace white on white that I am using in the frame and as background in the blocks are available.


I had ordered the fabrics a year or so ago with no plan in mind because I loved the bright cheerful colors. Now I have a plan! Just have to figure out which layout for the frame.

Decisions, decisions!





No comments: