Friday, December 25, 2015

Pinterest

I love Pinterest. I could spend hours and hours looking and pinning.

Last year I created a board - 2015 Pins to Try - and started pinning things I wanted to make during the year. There are only 31 pins. Not that many. Well, guess how many of those pins I actually made.
1 - one - O . N . E.

This one -


I recently made this and am using it.

I wanted to make this one - 

I like that it collapses to take up less room. I thought it would be great for taking to retreat.
But I didn't have the required 4" embroidery hoop and was a little intimidated by this statement -

Fair warning: making these thread catchers is pretty time intensive. Because they're formed around the inside ring of a 4" wooden embroidery hoop (just throw away the outside part, unless you can think of a reason to keep it!), this is an entirely hand-sewn project. Actually, it takes six trips around the 4" hoop before you can call it finished. A lot of hand sewing.

I don't have a lot of extra time so I skipped this one. 

I have this kit -

Have the kit, let's get it made! RJR Star Rise Quilt Kit - White

I got it out of the package and looked at all the fabric, put it away again and haven't had time to look at it again.

I have this one, too -

 I have the top made. . . now to quilt it!
 only mine isn't quilted.

I think these are adorable and would make lovely gifts -

Kitchen towels...done!: Adorable Tea Towel Tutorial { lilluna.com } 
again, haven't found the time.
I think I need to quit retire from my job so I have time to do the things on my Pinterest board! That's a good reason to retire, right?!

You know the saying - "I have so much to do now, I can never die."? - Yeah, that's me!





No comments: