Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

I did not make this quilt, but I do think it is lovely.

Today has been a very lazy day for my family. 
My husband was up at his usual time - 5:30ish to do chores here and 
at my father-in-laws where he has a few cows. Then back home for breakfast. 

We sat around and watched old westerns for a while, then he went back to bed. 

My son slept until just before noon and my husband got up again. 
Then we opened presents. 

We have eaten cookies and candy and had  hamburgers for lunch. 
My husband did chores again.

Tannerite Exploding on Impact
My son blew up some Tannerite

 <b>crock</b> <b>pot</b> <b>beef</b> <b>stew</b> family recipe central - <b>Crock</b> <b>Pot</b> <b>Beef</b> <b>Stew</b> ...
 There is beef stew in the slow cooker for supper.  

 I paper pieced some blocks to be used in the future.

 I have pondered my fabric choices for the next Quilter's Exchange that will start in January.
I have decided I need to add 1 or 2 blues, greens and purples since what I have is not enough yardage.
I am worried that the very darkest purple batik on the left is too dark, and that the purple and green batik on top is too light, but they both have the colors in the snowflake batik on top. 
Fortunately, I am going on a fabric shop road trip next week with my Quilter's Exchange friends! 

And, I have pieced the next 3 blocks for the Civil War Sampler we are working on. We are each making our own blocks with our own fabrics. I have 3 more to make before our meeting in January. 
We put everyone's blocks on the design wall so we can see what they all look like together. It is amazing to me that the same block can look so different all because of the fabric choices.

Guess it hasn't been such a lazy day!
And, now my son is asking 'when is supper' so ...

Merry Christmas!

No comments: